fairplay - Initiative for Diversity and Anti-Discrimination & Vienna Chamber of Labor invite:
An obstacle course - inclusion and participation of migrant women and girls in sport (Online) conference
(Online) conference within the framework of the European project “SPIN Women - Sport Inclusion of Migrant and Minority Women” | Live broadcast from the Vienna AK
Language: English and German
- Monday, May 31, 2021, 2:00 p.m.-7: 30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021 10:00 a.m.-3: 00 p.m.
Attending this event is free!
You can register here! (Registration deadline Tuesday, May 25, 2021)
What is it about:
A male-dominated field like sport leaves little room for women and girls: in the media, but also in terms of participation, infrastructure and financial support. This is all the more true of those who do not belong to the so-called “majority society”. Female athletes with a migration or refugee history, female athletes who belong to minorities or BPoC (Black and People of Color) are confronted with racism and sexism in sport. How barriers can be broken down and women empowered, how sport can be opened up to all, will be discussed at the conference.
Program / panels:
- Opening with Renate Anderl (AK President)
- Racism and Sexism in Sport (Discussion, English)
- Sport as a workplace: where is equality? (Discussion, German)
- Inclusive and Empowering Knowledge Production: How to Research the Situation of Migrant Women? (Discussion + workshop, English & German)
- Clubs as hurdles - how do the girls get into the club? (Discussion, German)
- Presentation and Launch of the European network SPIN (English)
- Exhibition opening: "[in] visible - minority and migrant women in sport" with Liu Jia, Helia Mirzaei and Vera Dumser (English & German)